Tanzania Disability Inclusive Consortium (TDIC) is a Non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Tanzania. The organisation’s main purpose is to build capacities for member organisations so that they can work sustainably for the betterment of Persons with Disabilities(PWDs)
TDIC has a total of 19 members organisations around the lake zone regions of Tanzania who are working to support people and children with disabilities mainly through CBR and Community Based Inclusive Development approaches.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A MEMBER OR ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBER:
- Must be mentally sound.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be working or supporting in disability sector in Tanzania.
- Must be a registered NGO, Charity, Non/Profit Company or Association in Tanzania.
- Must be ready to follow TDIC constitution
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP:
Membership can be individual or organizational membership. In the case of an organizational membership, each organization is granted one vote.
- A qualified individual may join the Association upon approval of the membership committee
- Individual members are entitled to all benefits and must abide by all approved RLC policies and all responsibilities outlined within this constitution.
- Individual memberships are not transferable.
- Individual members are entitled to one vote.
- Local or International charitable organizations are eligible to join the Association upon approval of the membership committee. Preference will be given to organization providing services to marginalized groups and vulnerable populations.
- Organizations will designate organizational representatives to serve as voting members of the Association.
- Organizational members are entitled to one vote, to be cast by their designated representative.
- If an organization’s representatives are chosen to take place in the management team, he/she can still represent the organization as such.
- Organizational members (and their representatives) are entitled to all benefits and must abide by all rules and regulations as well as fulfill all responsibilities.
All members must –
- Accept and abide by the mission, set policies and responsibilities of TDIC
- Pay required fees as set by the Executive Committee approved by General assembly.
- Assist with special projects, events, and TDIC activities.
- Commit to at least one year of membership.
- Must promote a positive image of TDIC
All full members:
- Will receive opportunities to participate, share experience and implement projects.
- Will receive fund, donation and implement projects upon resources availability and depending on terms or conditions of the resources
- Have voting rights at membership meetings.